The main directions of research led by the workers of the Psychology Institute are as follows:
- Influence of critical events on human functioning and development.
- Longitudinal investigations over children's, their parents' and grandparents' development carried out in Bydgoszcz.
- Early cognitive competence of infants.
- Automatically controlled strategies of solving the cognitive problems (individual research).
- Changes of young people's personality (in the period of early adulthood) resulting from the concept of self-authority personality;
- The analysis of the past of people who are Self- Authors.
- A method of personality investigation : POA ( the Measurement of Author Personality).
- Subliminal perception.
- Handicapped people's life situation.
- Children, as well as adult, development disorders and family functioning.
- Development support. Psychostimulation and psychocorrection.
- The quality of life of people with diseases of extrapyramidal system before and after ablation.