Dr hab. Jakub Lipski, associate prof.
- the 18th-century British novel (Henry Fielding, Tobias Smollett, Laurence Sterne, Ann Radcliffe)
- visual culture and aesthetic thought in 18th-century Britain
- the masquerade in literature
- travel writing
- Painting the Novel: Pictorial Discourse in Eighteenth-Century English Fiction. London, New York: Routledge/Taylor&Francis, 2018, 174pp.
- In Quest of the Self: Masquerade and Travel in the Eighteenth-Century Novel. Fielding, Smollett, Sterne. Amsterdam, New York: Rodopi, 2014, 223pp.
- ed. (with W. Jasiakiewicz) John Bull and the Continent. Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang, 2015.
- ed. (with J. Mydla) The Enchantress of Words, Sounds and Images: Anniversary Essays on Ann Radcliffe (1764-1823). Bethesda, Dublin, Palo Alto: Academica Press, 2015.
Articles and book chapters:
“Bodily Spectacle and the “Curse” of Travelling in Henry Fielding’s The Journal of a Voyage to Lisbon”, in G. Bystydzieńska, E. Harris (eds.), From Queen Anne to Queen Victoria. Readings in 18th and 19th century British literature and culture. Vol. 4, Warszawa: Ośrodek Studiów Brytyjskich, 2014.
"Spectres of Catholicism: Ghostly Presence in Ann Radcliffe's The Italian", in The New Review. An International Journal of British Studies. Vol. 4, 2014.
- "The Masquerade in Ann Radcliffe's The Mysteries of Udolpho and The Italian", in Women's Writing. Vol. 22.3, 2015.
- "The Masquerade Metaphor and the Paradoxes of Sentiment in A Sentimental Journey", in J. Hawley, P. de Voogd, M.New (eds.) Sterne, Tristram, Yorick: Tercentenary Essays on Laurence Sterne. Newark: Delaware University Press, 2016.
Selected conference papers:
- January 2011 – “Sterne's (Un)masking in A Sentimental Journey”, Conference Truth/Truths in the Anglo-American World of the 17th and 18th centuries, Sorbonne III, Paris
- June 2012 – “Locke’s Theory of Personal Identity and the Masquerade Scene in Fielding’s Tom Jones”, Conference Discourse of Identity, University of Santiago de Compostela
- July 2013 – “Sterne and the Masquerade”, Conference Laurence Sterne 1713-2013: The Tercentenary Conference, Royal Holloway, University of London
- September 2013 – “Bodily spectacle and the 'curse' of travelling in Henry Fielding's The Journal of a Voyage to Lisbon”, Conference From Queen Anne to Queen Victoria: Readings in 18th and 19th British Literature and Culture, University of Warsaw
- June 2014 – "The Masquerade in Ann Radcliffe's Novels", Conference Radcliffe at 250, University of Sheffield
- November 2015 - "Poland's Finest Sternean: Izabela Czartoryska as Reader and Translator of Sterne", The International Laurence Sterne Foundation Conference, Newcastle, Northumbria University.
Guest lectures and courses:
- November-December 2010 – University of Bamberg, The Masquerade Topos in Henry Fielding’s Works
- November 2011 – University of Padua, Masquerade Poetics in the 18th-century British Novel
- September 2012 - Abo Akademi in Turku, Studies in the 18th-century Novel (Fielding, Smollett, Sterne)
- December 2013 –University of Greifswald, The Gothic Novel and its Sources
- April 2016 - University of Bamberg, 19th-century Gothic fiction
- Practical English – Phonetics
- Literary studies
- History of English Literature
- American literature
- The ghost story in British literature
- Crime fiction