Regulation No. 55/2019/2020 Rector of Kazimierz Wielki University 24 March 2020
Regulation No. 55/2019/2020
Rector of Kazimierz Wielki University
08 April 2020
on preventing the spread of SARS-CoV-2 virus among the academic community of Kazimierz Wielki University in Bydgoszcz.
Pursuant to Article. 23 section 1, art. 50 section 1 and art. 51 section 1 of the Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (i.e. Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85), in connection with the Act of March 2, 2020 on special solutions related to preventing, countering and combating COVID-19, other infectious diseases and crisis situations caused by them (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 374) and the Regulation of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of 16 March 2020 amending the Regulation on the temporary limitation of the functioning of certain entities of higher education in connection with preventing, countering and combating COVID-19 (Journal of Laws 2020, item 455).
I hereby order as follows:
- Entrances to UKW buildings are closed to persons who are not UKW employees, but porters in the University buildings operate.
- Business matters should be dealt with via e-mail and telephone.
- The rules set out in §1 are effective from April 14, 2020 to May 17, 2020, including the possibility of further extension.
- The suspension of all open events e.g. conferences, symposia, events, artistic and sports performances, and other such meetings organized at Kazimierz Wielki University in Bydgoszcz, hereinafter referred to as "UKW", as well as the suspension of the use of UKW infrastructure by entities and external users is prolonged.
- The suspension of foreign business trips and participation in conferences, seminars, national trainings, etc. of employees, doctoral students and students of Kazimierz Wielki University is prolonged.
- Visits to the University by foreign guests are suspended.
- The ban on admitting new residents to UKW halls of residence is prolonged. The ban on external guests visiting these facilities is maintained and the hours of entry and exit are set from 7:00 to 22:00.
- The rules set out in §2 are effective from April 14, 2020 to May 17, 2020, with the possibility of further extension.
- The suspension of all contact forms of classes for full-time and part-time students, doctoral students and post-graduate students is prolonged.
- Classes for students are to be conducted only remotely.
- To ensure the continuity of education, academic teachers are allowed to stay at the university only on Tuesdays between 9.00 - 13.00.
- To ensure the continuity of scientific research, academic teachers may stay at the university on a different date than indicated in point 3 §3 only with the consent of the Rector.
- The UKW Library closes for readers.
- The rules set out in § 2, 3, 4 and 5 are effective from April 14, 2020 to May 17, 2020, with the option of further extension.
- Administrative support for students in the aforementioned period takes place only by phone or electronically.
- Domestic and foreign students and doctoral students staying at the university are obliged to inform immediately about suspected COVID-19 infection - information should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The obligation to minimize direct contact between employees in the workplace, regardless of the form of their employment, is prolonged.
- Documents should be sent as scans (PDF) or photos (JPG). Paper versions of these documents should be sent only by internal mail through the UKW Main Office .
- Administration offices do not directly accept clients. In exceptional situations, it is only possible to accept a client on appointment.
- The efficient functioning of organizational units is ensured by individual managers and directors of these units.
- The heads of organizational units are required to forward the work schedule of individual employees from April 14 to May 17, 2020 to their immediate supervisors and to the UKW Chancellor at the e-mail address email@example.com by April 15 , 2020.
- The rules set out in § 4 are effective from April 14 to May 17, 2020, with the option of further extension.
- The employee is obliged to immediately inform by phone and email the head of the organizational unit about the suspected disease caused by the coronavirus or the fact of quarantine.
- The head of the organizational unit is obliged to provide information on the employee's illness without undue delay to the Rector's Office.
- The recommendations of the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate regarding basic protective measures against COVID-19 coronavirus should be followed
- The head of the organizational unit is obliged to:
- on a daily basis familiarize with the current announcements issued by the Chief Sanitary Inspectorate and Kazimierz Wielki University;
- maintain constant contact with the employee performing work at home, monitoring and supervising the effects of this work;
- report the situation to the employer.
The Rector may take individual decisions in situations not specified in this ordinance.
The ordinance enters into force on April 08, 2020.
dr hab. Benedykt Odya, prof. uczelni